Veteran keyboarist Gregg Karukas has signed to a new label.
Smooth Jazz pianist Gregg Karukas – best known for his No. 1 smooth jazz single “Night Shift” – has signed to the Trippin N Rhythm recording label, which also features Smooth Jazz musician Paul Hardcastle.
Karukas has completed a new album for the label called “Looking Up.” The upcoming album, Gregg’s 10th, features guest performances from trumpeter Rick Braun, saxophonist and flutist Andy Suzuki, and a host of guitarists – Peter White, Richard Smith, Michael O’Neill, Ricardo Silveira and Thom Rotella.
Karukas says the 11-song album is the culmination of a year’s effort to explore new grooves and write songs that focus more on the acoustic piano. In addition to a song called “Corner Club” that is dedicated to the music of Brazilian vocalist Milton Nascimento, the album features such titles as “Girl in the Red Dress,” “London Underground,” “First Flight Home” and “Isabella.”
Looking Up will be released on Aug. 16.
1. Girl in the Red Dress (Gregg Karukas)
2. London Underground (Gregg Karukas)
3. Looking Up (Gregg Karukas)
4. Relentless (Gregg Karukas)
5. First Flight Home (Gregg Karukas)
6. Show Me the Way (Gregg Karukas)
7. Corner Club/Clube da Esquina (Gregg Karukas)
8. Isabella (Gregg Karukas)
9. CrossRhodes (Gregg Karukas)
10. Deep Into You (Gregg Karukas)
11. Lost in Negril (Gregg Karukas)