Inglewood’s Fifth Annual South Bay Jazz Festival: Saturday, September 1, 2007: A Labor Day Weekend Tradition
Written by The Jazz Gypsy
In California, there is no shortage of smooth jazz festivals with A-list artists performing. On any given weekend during the peak summer months, there’s some festival, concert or smooth jazz event worth attending. Although the Inglewood Jazz Festival, a.k.a Jazz in the Park, cannot rival the attendance at mega festivals that have 2-10,000 people in attendance, it certainly meets and exceeds what avid smooth jazz fans value.
Here’s what you get at Jazz in the Park:
- An awesome, A-list, artist line-up: Jonathan Butler, Down to the Bone featuring Shilts, Pete Escovedo’s Latin Orchestra, and Loose Ends.
- All entertainment on one stage so you don’t miss anything or have to trek from one spot to another.
- Easy, convenient and inexpensive self parking or quick, efficient and FREE shuttle bus transportation from nearby lots.
- Fast and easy entry without having to stand in line ten hours in advance.
- Reasonably priced tickets with a great view from any of the seating choices.
- Grassy, manicured lawns and paved paths (so ladies you can wear any type of shoes you choose from sandals to heels). Plus, big shade trees to help beat the heat.
- Regular “brick and mortar” bathrooms in addition to porta-johns.
- Great vendors for shopping, food and beverages that are just steps away…not around the corner and down the bend.
- An Artists’ “meet and greet” Corner where you can purchase cd’s and get your favorite memorabilia autographed.
- Another great plus for families, groups, friends, couples or individuals:
- Prepare, pack and bring your own picnic baskets with your favorite “eats and treats”. However, personal bottles of water are the only beverages allowed.
When: Saturday, September 1, 2008
Where: Ed Vincent Park, 700 Warren Lane, Inglewood, CA, 90303
Time: Gates open at 11:00 am, show starts at 1:00 pm
Costs: $38 lawn, $58 open orchestra, $88 table seating for 8 with
umbrellas, $118 VIP seating within the first two rows of the stage and
catered lunch backstage.
Venue: Outdoors, Park
Contact: South Bay Entertainment Group, 310.671.6400
Tickets: www.inglewoodtickets.com, 310.671.6400, 310.419.4504 or
purchase and print your own tickets at www.southbayent.com,
Posted by Peter Böhi at August 30, 2007 9:26 PM
The Jazz Gypsy Tip: This venue is accessible for persons with disabilities… call ahead for any special needs.