Written by The Jazz Gypsy
In California, there is no shortage of smooth jazz festivals with A-list artists performing. On any given weekend during the peak summer months, there�s some festival, concert or smooth jazz event worth attending. Although the Inglewood Jazz Festival, a.k.a Jazz in the Park, cannot rival the attendance at mega festivals that have 2-10,000 people in attendance, it certainly meets and exceeds what avid smooth jazz fans value.
Here�s what you get at Jazz in the Park:
- An awesome, A-list, artist line-up: Jonathan Butler, Down to the Bone featuring Shilts, Pete Escovedo�s Latin Orchestra, and Loose Ends.
- All entertainment on one stage so you don�t miss anything or have to trek from one spot to another.
- Easy, convenient and inexpensive self parking or quick, efficient and FREE shuttle bus transportation from nearby lots.
- Fast and easy entry without having to stand in line ten hours in advance.
- Reasonably priced tickets with a great view from any of the seating choices.
- Grassy, manicured lawns and paved paths (so ladies you can wear any type of shoes you choose from sandals to heels). Plus, big shade trees to help beat the heat.
- Regular �brick and mortar� bathrooms in addition to porta-johns.
- Great vendors for shopping, food and beverages that are just steps away�not around the corner and down the bend.
- An Artists� �meet and greet� Corner where you can purchase cd�s and get your favorite memorabilia autographed.
- Another great plus for families, groups, friends, couples or individuals:
- Prepare, pack and bring your own picnic baskets with your favorite �eats and treats�. However, personal bottles of water are the only beverages allowed.
When: Saturday, September 1, 2008
Where: Ed Vincent Park, 700 Warren Lane, Inglewood, CA, 90303
Time: Gates open at 11:00 am, show starts at 1:00 pm
Costs: $38 lawn, $58 open orchestra, $88 table seating for 8 with
umbrellas, $118 VIP seating within the first two rows of the stage and
catered lunch backstage.
Venue: Outdoors, Park
Contact: South Bay Entertainment Group, 310.671.6400
Tickets: www.inglewoodtickets.com, 310.671.6400, 310.419.4504 or
purchase and print your own tickets at www.southbayent.com,
The Jazz Gypsy Tip: This venue is accessible for persons with disabilities� call ahead for any special needs.